Sadly, people often don’t consider sleep to be an important part of the daily life. Ideally, an average adult should enjoy 7 hours of good sleep every single day at the least, and we are talking about uninterrupted sleep at night. A good night’s sleep has been linked to several health benefits, both for your body and mind. All you need a quality mattress, and if possible, consider getting nice duvets and sheets with decent pillows from Bamboo For Life, which can help you sleep better. In this post, we take a look at what it means to sleep well and how it can help you do achieve more in daily life.
- Get more from your fitness regimen. If you are someone who swears by calorie count or have been trying to lose weight, you should know that sleep is good for your fitness regimen. In fact, poor sleep has been linked to poor eating patterns and it can directly impact your appetite and hormones. Sleeping well gives you more energy to sweat it out at the gym, and yes, you are burning calories even when you are asleep.
- Reduce stress and depression. Stress hormones are impacted directly by sleep, and let’s face it, we cannot really do away with stress, especially with the kind of lifestyle we have in the modern era. Sleeping helps in reducing stress considerably and can be a great way to handle depression. More than 90% of all patients dealing with depression have or the other sleep issue, which only makes the problem worse.
- Improve your memory. Many studies have established a link as how sleeping well can consolidate memories. In fact, if you get a good night’s sleep, you will be more energized the next day for all your activities, and yes, you can remember things better. Selected studies also link sleep with creativity and productivity.
- Great for your immune system and for preventing diabetes. Lack of sleep, according to available studies, have an impact on the insulin levels and can increase your chances of getting Type 2 Diabetes. It is also known that sleep helps the hormonal system and can be instrumental for the immune system.
- Sleep is important for your heart. People who sleep well each night have a lower risk of heart disease, compared to those who sleep for less than four hours each day. Doctors usually recommend sleeping for a stretch at night, which is the best way to rest the body, while the mind can work to consolidate memories.
If you have a sleeping disorder, consider trying a few things at home, like listening to soulful music and using a quality Bamboo duvet and a superior mattress. Avoid all sorts of disturbances for 30 minutes before you hit the bit, and make sure that you are not using your handheld devices or the mobile. Read a book, if possible, and not on your tablet, which produces blue light that’s not good for your eyes either.